Saint Francis de Sales Seminary

Founded in 1845, and built on this site in 1855, because a bishop was inspired to make this place holy. Built by hundreds of workers, immigrants, priests and seminarians, brick by brick. Built for the formation of priests for the faithful, for yesterday, today and tomorrow. Built because of Christ, by Christ, for Christ. 

Built upon Him.


Seminary Headlines

Seminary Basketball​De Sales Invitational

The Salesianum welcomed 14 teams to its 2024 basketball tournament February 9 - 11.

Dr. John M. HaasLecture in Christian Ethics

Dr. John M. Haas, president emeritus of The National Catholic Bioethics Center, will present Addressing Proportionalism on April 3.

de Chantalde Chantal Gatherings

Women are invited to the Seminary to pray for vocations on February 27. Fr. James Kubicki, S.J. will lead the sessions.

Childrens StorytimeChildren's Story Time

Bring the children to a reading of Taste and See: The Goodness of the Lord on May 4.

Zeal Seminary Video​ZEAL

Enjoy and share the video we premiered at the Annual Dinner!



James Cardinal Harvey

Cardinal James Harvey on Saint Francis de Sales Seminary

James Cardinal Harvey talks about his alma mater.

Who Is the Priest?

Priesthood Video
An inspiring video exploring the gift of the priesthood through the words of St. John Vianney.

Quick Links

Salzmann Library

Vocation Office


Facebook Instagram YouTube  X

Many Ways to Give

Any donation to the Seminary is greatly appreciated, and there are many options for giving.

Donate Today

© 2022 Saint Francis de Sales Seminary | 3257 South Lake Drive | St. Francis, WI 53235 | 414-747-6400

This site is powered by the Northwoods Titan Content Management System.